Ho installato ieri un corposo aggiornamento di Maemo 5 (89MB) che ha portato importanti modifiche e alcune interessanti novità. Dopo il minor upgrade che ha portato all’utilizzo tanto atteso dell’Ovi store per il Nokia N900, ecco un altro e interessantissimo miglioramento globale del Maemo 5.
La lista delle novità è enorme e ve la metto in inglese altrimenti finirei la traduzione al prossimo upgrade!
– Hutchison SIM cards are supported.
– MS Exchange 2003 support.
– Bootloader (Nolo) can be updated over Maemo Update.
– Cellular software can be updated over Maemo Update.
– Icon cache removed to allow more memory space for Maemo Update.
– Application Manager: Available space check moved to apt-worker for more accurate results.
– Improvements in SGX performance and reliability.
Use-time and power consumption
– API for status area applets to detect if they are invisible/absent.
– Fixes to Pulseaudio timer increasing power saving when starting/closing apps.
– Browser: Removed unnecessary serial logging.
– Reduction of wake-ups in Desktop, Connectivity, Conversations, RSS Feed Reader,
– Backup handles correctly directories containing pairs of symlinks.
– Less CPU load caused during video recording.
– Support disabling Virtual Keyboard in input field.
– Performance improvements in Browser.
– Lock: “swipe to unlock” will not stay on.
– CPU idle latencies and thresholds updated.
– Fixing eMMC data lines while sleeping.
– CellMO power consumption reduced.
– Volume button operation in call flipped based on audio routing (no more on screen orientation).
– Browser: Downloading & rendering of page content runs promptly.
– Helping to avoid capacity limits of rootfs when installing apps (make Docpurge aware of /opt).
– Stability and usability fixes to the Profiles applet. Selection, usage and restoring of ringtones.
– Fast call from home shortcuts.
– Fast SMS rejection of incoming call.
– Avoid false alarms in pocket.
– Silence ringing by flipping face down.
– Fix to Camera photo orientation problem: correct orientation is now written to EXIF.
– X: performance of GLES apps improved.
– Lower RAM consumption while capturing video.
– Phone-UI & Msg-UI always ready to appear.
– Application Manager UI speed improvements.
– Email faster with large mailboxes.
– Large file copy (SD->MMC) doesn’t degrade system performance.
– Route calculation and search performance improved.
– BT Secure Simple Pairing fixed for Windows Vista.
– BT transfer progress indicated.
– Improving WLAN connection stability.
– Improved WLAN negotiation when going out of reach of access point.
– Add voicemail shortcut support.
– Showing call forwarding correctly when busy forwarding is not set.
– Call log improved.
Audio & Video:
– Audio volume control works with +/- keys in full-screen playback of flash.
– Handling corrupted ring tone files better.
– HW volume keys always have same orientation.
– Media Player UI now provides feedback when tapping control buttons in video playback.
– MIC input not clipped when loud voice in VoIP call.
– Pulseaudio: Ringtone is heard from the loudspeaker if BT connected.
– Ringtone played both to headset (BT or wired) and to internal HF speakers.
– AV sync fix for recorded videos.
– ISO EXIF value for images saved when automatic sensitivity in use.
– Vignetting test of 2nd camera fixed, VGA sensor stability.
Battery and Charging:
– Improved charging in case of low charging power (PC USB charging).
– Fixing the USB detection and card mounting issue related to quickly attaching/detaching the cable.
– Able to format corrupted eMMC properly.
– Hang fixed in case of WLAN disconnection while copying files.
– Activesync supports now MS Exchange 2003.
– Activesync – fixes the forwarding of attachments showing incorrect sizes (Exchange server 2003).
– Content copier of PC Suite enabled. Whole content backup (including Notes) can now be restored from PCSuite.
3rd party applications:
– Policy-settings: Fixes rotation transition in for 3rd party applications.
– Policy-settings: By default, 3rd party apps should have the same limits as our applications.
– Public API for color picker. Home widget is now translucent.
– Set/get alarms API.
– Syncing of task alarms supported.
– Thumbnailing faster.
– Rename Maemo Extras to maemo.org and enable by default.
– Grid view applied for the categories in download view. Added API for filtering packages.
– SDK content and tools updated.
– SDK GUI installer updated.
– New sharing-dialog-dev package added to enable Bluetooth and email sending.
– New wappushd-dev package documenting MMS interfaces available.
Upstream Security Issues:
– Fix for CVE-2009-2417 in curl.
Insomma un vero e proprio stravolgimento che sicuramente avrà fatto contenti i molti fortunati (me compresa) possessori del Nokia N900.
Un supporto tecnico molto veloce e responsivo.